Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A day with the kids


I took my little sister and my niece to the batting cages the other day.  The oldest is seven the other is three.    I took the oldest, monster, to the batting cages a few years ago.  She was doing fine until she took a swing and it hit her hand.  She cried for a couple minutes but then she was fine.  I felt so bad and she didn’t want to swing anymore.  When we got to the cages the other day she remembered getting hit but she showed no fear.  She stepped in the cage and took a ton of swings.  I kept trying to teach her how to hit properly but none of my lessons were sticking with her.  She was having so much fun I didn’t want to bring her down by harping on proper stance.  The littlest one, Blondie, didn’t have as much fun as Monster.  The bat was too big for her and the balls came too fast.  She only took about 20 balls before she called it a day.  I hope they decide that they like baseball/softball so we can spend many more awesome days hitting in the batting cages. 
A few years ago

After we were done in the batting cages we went to Pizza Hut and got some pepperoni pizza.  They used the rest of the quarters in my pocket to get little toys out of the gumball machines.  Once we were finished with our pizza I took them across the street to a local ice cream shop where Monster got a cup of mine and Blondie got some strawberry.  I was full so I decided to skip the ice cream.  Our next stop on our fun filled day was a local park.  There were kids running, jumping, and hanging off of everything.  We spent a few hours at the park and I was utterly exhausted.  I took the girls home and then I went and took a well-deserved nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment